In the past 2 weeks we have hired 3 brand new interns to help with PR & Social Media. In my last post you met Morgan, and now I'd like to introduce you to Kathryn Abrams! Kathryn is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin with a love for fashion, and as long as she's not a Packers fan I see a bright future for her at my company ;-) She took the time to answer some interview questions so you can get to know her -
Have you always been interested in fashion & when did you realize you wanted to pursue a career in the fashion industry?
- I have been interested in fashion from a very young age. As a child, I loved rummaging through my Grandma’s closet and playing dress-up. I would put on her pearl necklaces and pretend that I was a movie star. Perhaps surprisingly, I realized that I wanted to pursue a career in the fashion industry after I graduated from college. I felt unfulfilled in my career and decided to pursue my real passion. It took me awhile to realize that working in fashion was my true calling, but I am extremely excited to begin this new journey!
Why did you decide to intern at Kirsten Kuehn?
- I first learned about Kirsten Kuehn through a close friend that was getting married. She was looking for someone that could add a touch of sparkle to her bridesmaid dresses and Kirsten was the perfect person! Once we visited her studio, I was immediately impressed by Kirsten’s creative and entrepreneurial spirit. I remember thinking to myself that it would be wonderful to work for such an inspired business. As an intern, I now have a chance to fulfill that wish.
Where do you find your inspiration?
- I often derive my inspiration from fashion blogs and fashion magazines. Similarly, I love to “people watch” and observe how my peers express their individual style. Overall, I feel most inspired by New York City. The energy and rhythm of the city is unparalleled. It is a place where anything is possible and everything is fabulous.
What makes you the happiest?
- “The 3 F’s”: family, friends, and fashion! I feel most at peace when I am spending time with loved ones and wearing a great outfit.
What’s your biggest dream?
- My biggest dream is to work in the fashion industry in some capacity. Ideally, I would love to have a career that incorporates writing and fashion. Becoming a fashion journalist or working at a fashion magazine would be immensely fulfilling. On an unrelated note…meeting Justin Timberlake is a pretty big dream as well!
If you could do anything in the world what would it be? There are NO limits.
- If I could do anything in the world I would perform in a Broadway musical. I greatly admire anyone who can sing, dance, and act at such a high caliber. Stage performers exude an incredible amount of confidence and talent. There are no filters to hide behind and their work always takes place in a live setting. It would be great to have the opportunity to entertain audiences in that manner.
Who’s your style icon?
- My style icon is Audrey Hepburn. I love her classic and sophisticated style. The outfits that Audrey wore many years ago still look fresh in today’s society. Her look is timeless and universally flattering. The fact that so many contemporary clothing items draw inspiration from Audrey’s style is a testament to its universal appeal. She is an undeniable style icon.
Make three wishes…
- Travel to Paris, France
- Own an English Bulldog
- Start my own fashion-based blog